It might not feel like it sometimes, but it’s perfectly okay to not be okay; sometimes, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and the only thing you want to do all day is to crawl back into that bed and forget the world for a few hours at least. It’s perfectly normal to have a bad day; you’re taking one down, you might even sing a sad song just to turn it around.
Sometimes, though, you don’t have to consign your day to the scrapheap at 11 am; you can improve your day instantly with a bit of good news, a kind word or embrace from someone closest to you, or a good old rib-tickler to fill your miserable morning with mirth. I don’t particularly have any good news for you and I don’t know if we know each other well enough to hug things out, but I would like to invite you to have a look at these hilarious pictures that certainly brightened up my day.
Hopefully, they’ll do the same for you!
1. Making the best of a bad situation
2. Keeping abreast of gender equality
3. “It’s okay… I’ll make it”
4. A Royal crossover
5. “Kiddie” pools are just a suggestion
6. If you grew up in the 80s and 90s, you’ll understand
7. How does she sit down?
8. Not a very tasty banana
9. “Let me in… the cold is unbearable”
10. Take that, racism
11. Samuel L Jackson? That’s clearly Morgan Freeman… right?
12. I’m going to need a minute
13. That’s quite a snack
15. I’d give anything for that
16. In this economy? I’ll take it!
17. “No. There’s no room for you here”
18. That’s enough internet for me today
19. It’s not true love unless you’re constantly insulting each other
20. How the flat Earth revolves around the Sun
21. Cool illusion… or hollow dog?
22. Everybody needs friends like this
23. “No time for sleep! I’ve got a country to found!”
24. David Spade throwing some shade
25. We’ve all been there
Ah! There we go. I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling a lot better about my wretched morning so far, and I’ll take on the rest of my day with renewed vigor and a smile on my face. Just remember: life has its ups and downs and not every moment can be amazing, but I hope you’ll use these images to give you the boost you need to make the best of today.