School days were the finest, don’t you agree? You hated it while you were in school, but now secretly desire to relive those moments yet again. I miss my friends, those benches, teachers, the tiffin boxes, the Christmas carols, the school bus and most of all, the feeling of seeing my friends the next morning. And, studying at St. Mary’s was one of the prized memory for all those students.
1. Regardless of your faith, you still pray like this!
This comes naturally to you.
2. Visiting the school chapel was an outright must before any exam
It became a ritual right before an exam.
3. You are hypersensitive to incorrect pronunciations and grammar
You are notoriously known as the grammar-nazi among your non-Marian friends.
4. Exploring the buildings where sisters used to live was super thrilling
It was quite a treat.
5. You still have recollection and hum some of your school hymns and Christmas carols
It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
6. You absolutely consider Cursive is the only form of handwriting
You simply don’t know how to write in a non-cursive way.
7. One-Act Plays And Prayers Services Were Enough Reason To Bunk Classes
Between the devil and the deep blue sea.
8. The de facto small ground for juniors and big ground for seniors
Getting on the senior ground was truly an achievement.
9. Asking ‘Paley dai’ to cross the narrow street between the gates of small and big grounds and him shouting ‘Nani Haru Bistarai’
Nothing less than a movie scene.
10. The principal of your school wore skirts and gowns
You even tried to peep under Sister’s head-scarf to check out her hairstyle.
11. The wall between Mary’s and Xavier’s was no less than the Great Wall of China
You may have heard stories of what’s on the other side of the wall.
12. You often got confused when people asked you about your sister or mother
Are they asking about the class teacher or my own sister?
13. Moral science held a much higher place than actual science
Natural sciences can wait, moral science is the most important lesson in life.
14. At some point in your school life, you fancied the idea of dressing like a nun
You still haven’t fulfilled this desire of yours.
15. Nepali festival plus Catholic festival = Holiday galore
16. You hear the word ‘Chyaaaaa-ahh’ all around the school premises
This habit still is alive with you.
17. And not to forget about gossiping around the ‘Forbidden Pond’
I am proud of my school for carving us into such beautiful diamonds and my friends for teaching me that they can make even the hardest times, the most memorable one. Regardless of the hard times, the fact remains that those were the best days of our lives!
Share this article with your Marian classmates and re-live the nostalgia.