Anukreethy Vas, a 19-year-old Tamil Nadu college student, has been crowned Femina Miss India 2018 by Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar in a grand ceremony in Mumbai hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Ayushmann Khurrana.
Previously crowned fbb Colours Femina Miss Tamil Nadu, Anukreethy Vas beat 30 contestants to bag the top honor. Meenakshi Chaudhary from Haryana was the first runner-up while Shreya Rao Kamavarapu from Andhra Pradesh secured the second runner-up position.
1. Anukreety completed her schooling at RSK Higher Secondary School, Thiruverumbur, Tamil Nadu.
2. As of now, she is pursuing her Bachelor’s in French from Chennai’s Loyola College to become an interpreter/translator.
3. Vas has always been a bright student and a topper throughout her academic journey.
4. The 19-year-old has been raised by a single mother.
5. The young achiever is a fan of ace photographer, Atul Kasbekar.
6. Not only is Anukreethy good at her studies, but she has also been a state-level athlete and loves singing and dancing.
7. The just-crowned wishes to become a supermodel and will be preparing to represent India in the next Miss World competition and other international beauty pageants.
8. Anukreethy Vas, who belongs to South Zone, was mentored for this contest by Rakul Preet Singh (Femina Miss India 2011-Runner up).
9. For the finale, she was dressed in exclusive Gaurav Gupta’s collection.
10. Vas’ winning answer was to the question- “Who is the better teacher? Success or Failure?”
To this, Anukreethy Vas replied:
I’d say failure is a better teacher. It’s always been failure in my life that took me to this position — from a village-based place, I am here.
Celebrities at the judges’ panel included cricketers Irfan Pathan and K L Rahul, ace fashion designer Gaurav Gupta and Bollywood actors Malaika Arora, Bobby Deol, and Kunal Kapoor.
The glamorous evening saw performances by stars like Madhuri Dixit, Kareena Kapoor, and Jacqueline Fernandez.